The beginning of a new year may be an artificial transition created by the nature of our calendar, but it's real in that we define our lives by that calendar. So, it might not be such a bad idea to use the break to reflect on one's self and resolve to make changes. This year, I intend to make one that (1) will have a positive effect and (2) is within my nature to do.
But first, let's look at my past resolutions.
In 2002 I wrote my resolutions down. They were:
Stretch daily - success, but only for that year
Begin regular cardio exercise - nope
Improve diet - success with the start of Atkins
Stop clapping hands loudly in the house - I made great strides here
In 2003, my resolutions were:
Organize finances and write wills - nope
Begin regular biking/walking around neighborhood - nope
Stop yelling in anger - nope, poor kids get the brunt of my wrath
Write my book of days - nope, my inability to stick to writing will be my legacy
In 2004, my resolutions were:
Organize finances and write wills - success, but it's 2006 and I need to revisit this
Begin regular biking/walking around neighborhood - nope
Stop yelling in anger - nope, poor kids still get the brunt of my wrath
Write my book of days - nope, my inability to stick to writing will be my legacy
In 2005, I don't have a log of my resolutions. I probably surrendered in despair, but I can't prove it.
Now it's about to be 2006, and I need something at which I can succeed. My resolution is:
Kiss my wife more, and kiss her passionately at least once a day.
I think this will have positive repercussions and it's something that even I should be able to do. We'll see come December 2006...
1 comment:
Hey, your resolution has been lacking the past couple of weeks. I know I've been pretty stressed, but maybe that's the *best* time to kiss me. :)
Post a Comment