Tuesday, October 25, 2005

A dream or a message?

It's been quite a while since I last posted. Work has consumed my work days and intentional, desperate distractions have consumed my weekends. But mainly my silence is because I didn't have anything interesting to say -- not that this has stopped me before.

I did have this strange dream the other night:

I am at my computer in my old office in Austin (the office that has a window overlooking the other rooms of the office, rather than a window facing outside). There is apparently a garage behind the back wall of my office (at least in my dream; not in reality). That back wall, which is opposite my window, has a vent at the bottom of it. Apparently someone is idling his or her car in that garage, because smoke is pouring into my office from that tiny vent. I notice the smoke, but just get up from my desk, close my office door (right next to the window overlooking the rest of the office) and sit back down as the smoke continues to pour into my office. I guess I don't want the smoke to disturb the rest of the office.

That was it.

That same night, I also had a dream about a woodpecker. I saw him up on the trunk of a tree, then he flitted to the other side of the trunk. That is all I remember about that one.

Maybe I'll be back with more esoteria before another month passes...

1 comment:

The Vichy said...

I love you so much. Please stop scaring me.